Are you confused about toners? Don’t be. If you’d like to learn more about why to use, how to use and when to use, read on. Perhaps you’d even like to know what a toner is. So let’s start there. Facial toners are a soothing, complexion-enhancing skin care product with amazing benefits for your skin.
- They soak up excess oil and remove dirt, makeup and dead skin cells from your face.
- They are especially healing to those who suffer from acne or oilier skin as they clear pores to minimize breakouts and blackheads.
- Restore and repair your skin, especially if you use a cleanser that alters it (and sadly many do).
- Condition and moisturize your skin.
- Calm redness while hydrating and soothing skin.
- Prepare your skin for better absorption of products that are applied to the face following toner application.
- Toners are the most gentle way to exfoliate the skin.
- Provide an extra barrier of protection with antioxidants and minimize the appearance of large pores.
Many people so love their toner that they use it on its own as a cleanser, while others prefer to use it as the middle step between washing your face and applying moisturizers. It is recommended that you use a toner daily.
At in Harmony our customers tell us they not only use our toner, which is loaded with organic aloe juice, therapeutic grade essential oils and organic black willow bark, as a facial product, but also to soothe razor bumps and burns, relieve dry itchy skin, and other skin irritations. And while most wipe the toner with a cotton ball to remove residual dirt, many of our customers mist their face and let it dry naturally.
It is important that you read the ingredients before purchasing a toner. You want one with ingredients you recognize and that are proven to smooth, soften, calm and repair skin. Stay clear of ones that contain alcohol or other astringents, which will irritate the skin.
A good toner is a wonderful addition to anyone’s skin care routine. We hope you will check ours out. Learn more.